RMSSC Cross-Country Skiing
Following on the success of the inaugural 2020-21 program, the Club is again offering weekly cross-country skiing to provide members with another way to stay active and social.
RMSSC members who already cross-country ski together are welcome to register their group “as is” and enjoy the benefits of Club support, insurance and possible special ski events.
- Similarly to the alpine skiing procedure, the Club will initially use colour-coding to organize groups: Green Groups ski at the most relaxed pace, the easiest terrain (mostly flat) and shortest distance. Blue Groups ski faster and longer and may do some hills. Black Groups will take on more challenging routes, at a faster pace and often longer distances. Select a group that matches your physical conditioning and skill level.
- Many members will enjoy the opportunity to form strong friendships with others in their group!
- When you freely choose to ski with our groups and volunteer Group Leaders, you ski at your own risk.
- Our cross-country ski season will start as soon as feasible and continue as long as the snow lasts. Groups meet at various locations throughout the Edmonton area.
- For more information, and various resources, go to Cross Country Information.
- To register with a group, go to Cross Country Groups.
- All Club skiers must confirm the waiver of liability they agree to when applying for membership and follow Club skiing etiquette as outlined by the Group Leaders.